Right eh? Aren’t we all? Some days, I am all creative and inspired in the kitchen and some others… I am just a busy mom with a full-time job, 2 kids, a husband and a house to keep up in order. Some days I am just tired and I don’t want to bother too much… Please don’t let me hang there, tell me you can relate. Yes you do.
Winter has been tough this year, which means that the kiddos exchange all sorts of germs at the day care. And one mini-superman gets sick, little-princess takes over… that is on average 6 awful nights and long evenings. You see where I am getting at? An easy dinner is well deserved. Eventually some vacations too.
The leftover I am talking about today is picadillo, the ground beef, cuban style.
The recipe is very simple:
– Leftover of this recipe: picadillo
– Store-bought frozen tart shells (no proud but well… I know I am not alone!)
– A handful of green peas
– Grated cheese
– Put a few green peas in each tart shells. I am hiding some greens for El Cubano here, not the kids.
– Fill out the shells with the picadillo.
– Sprinkle some grated cheese.
– Bake in the oven 15 min at 375F.
– Serve with some steamed veggies or a salad, enjoy!
You are welcome! See? We all have weaknesses… What is yours?